Last night we put the kids down around 8:30 (which is a little later than usual, but b/c of the time change, we are adjusting), well they were not ready to go to bed. I kept hearing them giggling and laughing and I knew that Miller kept getting out of his bed and into bed with Lainey. So about 9:15 I hear Lainey laughing, but a kind of annoying laugh, and then it kind of turned to a desperate laugh/cry and then I heard Lainey yelling, "Mommy, Mommy, help me." So I immediatley jump up (and had to put Jon & Kate plus 8 on pause... ughhh :) and when I walk into her room, this is what I see:

Lainey's foot and just above her ankle is wedged, stuck, trapped (not looking like it's going to come out) in the rails of her crib. So, I immediatley start trying to wiggle her foot out, but it's not budging. Then I reach for the phone.... I need to call Tony. (He left to go play tennis with a friend right after we put the kids down) and of course, he doesn't answer, so I call his friend's phone, no answer. Dang it, he must have left his phone in the truck or can't hear it ringing (50+ times) while he's playing tennis. So, after about 15 minutes of trying to wiggle her foot out of the railing and calling Tony's cell every minute... I decide to call my parents, maybe they have some idea or advice what I should do to get her foot out. Oil, my dad says, well that didn't work... I just felt like I was making her ankle and foot more swollen and then it would never come out, there was no way I was getting her foot out by myself. Every time I put pressure on it or tried to turn it, she would scream and say, "Ouch, Mommy, help me." So, after another 20 minutes (and more missed calls to Tony's cell) my parents arrive.
You see in the picture below how small the opening is on this last open space of the crib.... the other slats are wider, but this one near the corner post is much smaller (how and why she got her foot there, we will never know).

There for about 10 seconds, we all thought we were going to have to get the saw to cut the railing to get her sweet little, pink polished foot out of there. But then, my dad pulled the railing apart just enough for my mom to pull on Lainey's leg while I was turning and pushing her foot back through. It took all 3 of us, but she was finally free!
Oh, I almost forgot.... my little helper (not) during all of this.... was trying really hard to make his sister laugh during her stressful time!
Oh and yes, Tony did eventually call when he got back in his truck and saw all of the missed calls.... he felt horrible that he didn't have his phone handy and has promised to keep his phone with him at all times now. :) So, by 11:00, they were both back in bed and on their way to going to sleep. And, yes, she is fine, no bruising, no limping, just a little sore, I am sure.
And Mommy said, no more climbing in and out of bed!

Lainey's foot and just above her ankle is wedged, stuck, trapped (not looking like it's going to come out) in the rails of her crib. So, I immediatley start trying to wiggle her foot out, but it's not budging. Then I reach for the phone.... I need to call Tony. (He left to go play tennis with a friend right after we put the kids down) and of course, he doesn't answer, so I call his friend's phone, no answer. Dang it, he must have left his phone in the truck or can't hear it ringing (50+ times) while he's playing tennis. So, after about 15 minutes of trying to wiggle her foot out of the railing and calling Tony's cell every minute... I decide to call my parents, maybe they have some idea or advice what I should do to get her foot out. Oil, my dad says, well that didn't work... I just felt like I was making her ankle and foot more swollen and then it would never come out, there was no way I was getting her foot out by myself. Every time I put pressure on it or tried to turn it, she would scream and say, "Ouch, Mommy, help me." So, after another 20 minutes (and more missed calls to Tony's cell) my parents arrive.
You see in the picture below how small the opening is on this last open space of the crib.... the other slats are wider, but this one near the corner post is much smaller (how and why she got her foot there, we will never know).

There for about 10 seconds, we all thought we were going to have to get the saw to cut the railing to get her sweet little, pink polished foot out of there. But then, my dad pulled the railing apart just enough for my mom to pull on Lainey's leg while I was turning and pushing her foot back through. It took all 3 of us, but she was finally free!

Oh and yes, Tony did eventually call when he got back in his truck and saw all of the missed calls.... he felt horrible that he didn't have his phone handy and has promised to keep his phone with him at all times now. :) So, by 11:00, they were both back in bed and on their way to going to sleep. And, yes, she is fine, no bruising, no limping, just a little sore, I am sure.And Mommy said, no more climbing in and out of bed!




1 comment:
Poor baby girl! I'm glad she is ok! Love all of the new posts! You had some serious catching up to do! :-) All of the pics are SO CUTE!
Love you!
Post a Comment