Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Dance class!

Two of my friends and I have been discussing enrolling our girls in a dance class. So last week, I spoke with a lady at a dance studio in Rockwall and she suggested we try the class out before we paid the tuition to see if the girls would participate and how they would like it. So, today Lainey (along with her two friends, Landry & Sloane) tried out the dance class. The class is an hour and 15 minutes long... and I was worried that Lainey's attention span would not last that long. But, she went in the dance room with no problem and seemed to follow the teacher's lead and instruction fairly well (more than I would have thought). We (the moms) had to watch from a small window outside of the room. The hour and 15 minutes seemed to move along fairly quickly (although, I think Miller seemed to get bored waiting on his sister). Lainey did very good, better than I thought she would. She actually paid attention and followed instructions from the dance instructor. Here a few photos I managed to snap through the window with blinds (so, they aren't super clear). ** Remember, we were just trying the class out, so my daughter is the one that sticks out like a sore thumb in her non-leotard, Halloween shirt wearing, no ballet or tap shoes barefoot self! **
Here they are stretching before they begin dancing.... don't want any pulled muscles, aww! (**Lainey is on the left in the orange striped shirt**) I think it is so cute how she is looking at and listening to the instructor.

They made a choo-choo train and all followed in a line! Too CUTE! Landry, Lainey and Sloane are the last three cuties in the back of the choo-choo!
Lainey, Sloane and Landry patiently waiting on their next instruction from the instructor. (The other girls were changing from their ballet shoes into their tap shoes and since this was our girls first (trial) class, they don't have tap shoes).
Lainey getting ready to do a forward roll with help from Ms. Valerie
Lainey is all done, now she is crawling through the tunnel!

3 comments:

Deonne said...

I LOVE these pics! SO CUTE!!! Love you!

The Q. Family said...

Adorable! Did y'all decide to enroll?

The Q. Family said...

we need an update on the blog girl friend! How did the twinners birthday go?? :o)